- Experience 0 - 2 Years
Job Title: Aircraft Structures Technician
Location(s): Lakeland, FL
Benefits – Effective Immediately if hired
- Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Sheet Metal) repairs, fabricates, modifies, and installs sheet metal parts, items, and assemblies.
- Troubleshoots and identifies discrepancies in aircraft structure, sub-structure, and flight control surfaces.
- Repairs, replaces, and fabricates new aircraft structures such as wings, fuselage parts, flight controls and tubing, by using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Locates cracks, breaks, holes, and dents in aircraft sheet metal structures and determines appropriate repairs from technical data to restore components to original strength.
- Forms stringers, bulkheads, ribs and reinforces damaged or weakened skin on structural members.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and determines dimensions, angles, and contours in performance of structural repair.
- Seeks technical guidance as necessary
- High School Diploma required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends
- Must be able to travel
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives, aircraft/vehicle movement, flight line operations, aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications (read, interpret, follow and comprehend schematics, diagrams, drawings and technical orders)
- Must have a working knowledge of computers (input/extract data) and basic computer software programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be able to obtain/maintain aircraft/equipment Red X/IPI certification
- Must be able to obtain/maintain security clearance
- Must have a current valid U.S. Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Professional appearance and conduct with customers, vendors and other employees
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment
- Flexibility, team orientation, ability and willingness to learn
- Effective Communication Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Environment ranges from office-like to hangar and flight line. Extensive sitting to climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Draken participates in E-Verify and applicants selected for employment will be required to provide proof of citizenship and identification.
- Background Check required
- Drug Screening Required
- Security clearance may be required
Draken International is a drug-free workplace committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
ACCESSIBILITY AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
As an Equal Opportunity employer, Draken International LLC. complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Draken International LLC. via email email@example.com or in writing at 3330 Flightline Drive Lakeland, Florida 33811 Or 6160 North Hollywood Blvd Suite 104 Las Vegas Nevada 89115.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Draken International LLC. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Draken International LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Draken International LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Draken International LLC.